Thursday, January 29, 2009

Media: NBC Today Show Anchor Duo Dynamic Needs Work

The Today Show's main anchors behave like siblings who don't think their parents are watching. In the teaser to the interview with John Grisham on Monday, Meredith Viera mispronounced the author's last name. I didn't notice. Matt Lauer did and he, Al Roker, and even the embarrassed Meredith went on about it for way too long. It sounded like school children screaming. It was weird. NBC – do something about the weirdness, please. When I was little and having trouble doing the right thing, my mom would say: "I'm going to close my eyes and when I open my eyes, [insert whatever here, i.e., your shoes will be on your feet, the food on your plate will be gone]. It was effective about half the time, and when it didn't work, Mom got a little shut-eye and I had some alone time to think. So NBC, I am going to stop watching for a while and when I tune back in the weirdness will be gone.

No comments: